About Erectile Dysfunction
World Health Organization defined erectile dysfunction as the constant or repeated incapacity of maintaining an erection for a satisfactory sexual performance. Erectile dysfunction is a frequent condition. Clinicians and patients developed a 5 item scale named the “EF Index” in order to assist and help in the communication process.
Erectile dysfunction can be progressive and can be cured.
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction
Experts considers that erectile dysfunction is caused up to 80% of physical problems and 20% is caused by psychological causes. In lots of cases erectile dysfunction is caused by bought of this facts. Reduced blood flow to the penis and nerve damage are the most common physical cause.
There is a long list with drugs sold with prescription or without that have as secondary effects, erectile dysfunction. Often the drugs used for treatment of high blood pressure, tranquilizers, antidepressants and sedatives have adverse effects and can cause ED.
• Antihypertensives, Centrally Acting Drugs: Clonidine, Rauwolfia alkaloids
• Diuretics: All thiazides, probably loop diuretics, spironolactone
• Ganglionic blockers: Hexamethonium, Trimethaphan
• Adrenergic blockers: Guanethidine, Propranolol
• False neurotransmitters: Methyldopa
• Psychotropics: Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, tricyclics, phenothiazines, benzodiazepines,
• CNS depressants: sedatives, narcotics, anxiolytics, alcohol, opiates, cocaine
• Miscellaneous: High-dose cholinergic blockers, estrogens, cimetidine, anticancer drugs.
- also we supply Viagra and Cialis online
If you are having erectile problems after starting a new treatment you can ask your physician about the possible side effects of the drug you are using. Drugs can cause about 25% of all erectile dysfunction physical problems.
Question of the week: Is erectile dysfunction just a part of old age?
Erectile dysfunction doesn’t have to be a part of getting older. It’s true that as you get older, you may need more stimulation to get an erection. You might also need more time between erections. But older men should still be able to have an erection and enjoy sex.
Over 50% of all men, ages between 40 to 70 can experience erectile dysfunction.
Yearly there are signaled over 900.000 new ED cases
About 30 million men in US are suffering with ED.
Almost 10% of Americans males suffer from ED.
About 2.5 million men in France are suffering of ED
Less then 10% from all men that are suffering from erectile dysfunction seek treatment.